The University at Albany Libraries (State University of New York, Albany, NY) seek an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, creative librarian to serve as Scholarly Communication Librarian. This position reports to the Director of Scholarly Communication/Head, Dewey Graduate Library.
- Develops and implements a program and policies to provide data management plan consultation services and coordinate data curation
- Provides outreach to faculty and departments in collaboration with liaison/subject librarians; develops informational and training tools that can be used by these librarians
- Builds and maintains informational websites/LibGuides
- Develops and implements programs to increase awareness of scholarly communication topics and themes
- Works in close collaboration and consultation with the Scholars Archive (institutional repository) administrator and the Copyright Librarian. Seeks to promote and expand holdings in the institutional repository
- Manages and coordinates scholarly communication events and marketing activities
- Participates as an active member of scholarly communication committees including the Digital Scholarship Team, and is an engaged participant in Dewey Graduate Library initiatives
- Provides general reference services during assigned hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Research, publication, and service to the Libraries, University, and profession are expected to satisfy criteria for continuing appointment (tenure) and promotion
Academic rank: Assistant Librarian or Senior Assistant Librarian (rank will be determined by the successful candidate’s qualifications)
For additional information, including qualification requirements and application instructions: https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=95323
Application deadline: April 15, 2018
The University at Albany is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
About the University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research, and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, NY, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City, and the Adirondacks.
The University at Albany Libraries are a member of the Association of Research Libraries. Learn more about the UAlbany Libraries at library.albany.edu/.
Thank you for considering this opportunity.