Transportation and Parking
Reagan National Airport (DCA)
This is the closest airport to the conference hotel. There is a complimentary airport shuttle from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) to the Crystal Gateway Marriott conference hotel. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes from 5:30am to midnight.
From Dulles take the Silver Line from Dulles Airport Station toward LARGO, change to Blue Line at the Rosslyn Metro Station and get off at the Crystal City Metro Station. Please map your trip using this address https://www.wmata.com/ to identify additional possibilities and to receive any alerts about closures. (Please note, we are expecting some interruption in service along the Silver Line throughout June, so that could mean a slightly longer trip due to a detour. Generally, in such a situation, you will be asked to get off the metro at the station before the closure, ride a metro-provided bus to the next open station, and then re-enter the metro to complete the trip).
Dulles to the conference hotel is estimated between $85-110 USD.
From BWI, you can ride the free airport shuttle to the MARC train, pay $7-10 USD to a machine at the BWI Rail Station to board the MARC train to Union Station in DC. From Union Station, take the metro red line toward Shady Grove then change at Metro Center toward Huntington and then get off at Crystal City.
BWI to the conference hotel is estimated between $120-150
SALALM 2023 conference attendees will need to travel to different sites in the D.C. area via public transportation. Conference attendees will receive a prepaid DC Metrocard with a balance of $10 (if registered for the conference by 5/22/2023).
Monday, June 5th, 2023
From the Marriott Crystal Gateway hotel to the Fellowship House at Dumbarton Oaks using public transport, you will need a subway/bus combination (both are covered by your Metrocard).
2. Exit the station and transfer to one of three buses:
33 (Friendship Heights), leaving from the Pennsylvania Ave and 22nd St intersection;
Circulator (Georgetown), leaving from the 24th St and K St intersection.
3. Walking directions: Get off the bus at the Wisconsin Ave and R St stop and cross Wisconsin Ave to reach the Fellowship House (1700 Wisconsin Ave NW).
Library of Congress
From the Marriott Crystal Gateway hotel to the James Madison Building, Library of Congress, take the Blue Line to Capitol South and walk a block and a half north (uphill).
2. Walk a block and half north (towards the Capitol along 1st St SE) from the Capitol South Station exit to the James Madison Building Main entrance on Independence Avenue between 1st St SE and 2nd St SE
Jefferson Building, Library of Congress
Friday, June 9, 2023
From the Marriott Crystal Gateway hotel to Georgetown University campus you can take the metro to the Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS). From the GUTS bus stop it’s a seven minute walk uphill:
- Metro directions: Take the Blue Line (direction New Carrollton) from Crystal City to Rosslyn Station (four stops).
- Walk one block north from Rosslyn Station to the corner of 19th Street and North Moore Street to catch the GUTS bus directly to campus. You will see a “Rosslyn Shuttle Stop” sign where the stop is. The GUTS bus leaves every ten minutes.
- On campus, walk uphill on “Library Walk” to Lauinger Library.
Parking is available in the hotel's underground parking garage. Self-parking is $20.00 from 0-1 hour; $28.00 from 1-2 hours; and $42.00 from 3-24 hours, per day per car. The self-parking rate is $42.00 per car for overnight guests.
Valet parking is $29.00 from 0-2 hours; $49.00 from 3-24 hours/overnight, per day per car.