Research and Instructional Services Subcommittee
To identify, gather, organize, and disseminate information on the development and implementation of public services and bibliographic instruction in Latin American and Caribbean research with concentration of the subcommittee on advancing the state of information literacy through discussion of methods and critiques.
- Serves as a forum of discussion for those designing, teaching, and assessing courses and instruction sessions on bibliographic resources in Latin American Studies, including research method courses often offered as part of an academic discipline or in the Latin American Studies program’s curriculum.
- Gathers and disseminates information on tools that assist in the provision of research assistance and bibliographic instruction in general, particularly as it relates to Latin American and Caribbean Studies.
- Serves as a forum for discussion of issues in the provision of specialized reference services to all levels of library users.
- Undertakes projects and programs to inform members of developments in public services, including electronic systems such as online catalogs, bibliographic databases, and subject web pages.
- Serves as a forum of discussion for outreach and liaison activities.
For additional information on the subcommittee, contact Rachel Stein, Co-Chair (2019-2022) & Alyson Williams (2020-2023), Co-Chairs