Marginalized Peoples & Ideas Subcommittee
To improve the collecting of materials produced by or related to marginalized groups (e.g., religious, linguistic, ethnic, and racial minorities; those discriminated against because of their gender identity or sexual orientation; people with disabilities; immigrants, refugees, political dissidents, and prisoners; low-income workers, the homeless, and others affected by the digital divide; children) representing their ideas, concerns and activities; and to promote a better awareness of the nature of these materials, their significance, and how to go about obtaining them.
1. Gathers, organizes, and disseminates information on the documentation available.
2. Provides guidance on how to select and best acquire the material (criteria, vendors, non-commercial sources, field work).
3. Encourages and assists vendors in identifying and obtaining the non-traditional materials issued by marginalized groups.
4. Develops and undertakes projects as appropriate.
5. Plans and executes conference programs.
For more information about the subcommittee contact Lara Aase.