Collections Services Associate - Tulane University
Tulane University seeks a Collections Serivces Associate with primary duties for archival and bibliographic support.
Reporting to the Director of the Latin American Library, this position works closely with Latin American Library (LAL) librarians to ensure that the central mission of acquiring, preserving, and making accessible the LAL collections is met. The position has primarily archival and bibliographic support duties. They participate in all phases of processing the LAL's physical special collections, including registering, preserving, arranging, describing, and cataloging. They also provide bibliographic and acquisitions support to LAL librarians and basic reference support to the public. This position contributes to departmental goals and initiatives and participates in professional development opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent oral and written command of Spanish and English;
• Academic training or demonstrated interest in Latin America;
• Ability to working well in a team, in a rapidly changing environment, and adapt to changes in workflows and procedures.
• Demonstrated proficiency or willingness to attain proficiency in using imaging equipment and image editing software;
• Ability to pack and unpack boxes, shelve library materials, lift up to 40 pounds, and push book trucks.
Required Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• High School Degree (or equivalent) with six years' directly related work experience.
• Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle policy criteria to become authorized as a driver.
• Prior experience working in libraries, special collections, or archives.
This position is a non-exempt, hourly position assigned to pay grade 23. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay
. See our Candidate Resources
to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply
This position will close on the date it is filled
Please Note: Depending on your role and the department in which you work, you may be expected to adhere to COVID-19 requirements, such as vaccinations and booster shots.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
Tulane University is committed to creating a community and culture that foster a sense of belonging for all. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are intentionally seeking candidates who are committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in support of Tulane's Strategy for Tomorrow
Tulane University is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity by phone at 504-865-4748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org