Welcome to Princeton! This ready-reference guide will help you navigate the conference.
- There is a taxi stand on Nassau Street across from Nassau Hall (near Palmer Square), and also at Princeton Station (the “Dinky”), where taxis are available mostly during rush hour.
- See the Princeton public transit website for more information.
Maps and tours
- Interactive, mobile-friendly map of the Princeton campus.
SALALM 60 conference map
- Google map of conference venues and local attractions.
Princeton Campus Tours
- The student-run Orange Key guide service provides year-round, one-hour campus tours. Reservations are not required for individuals or groups of fewer than 10. Please check the schedule for the beginning location of tours during the summer.
- See the campus tours website for more information.
- For wireless Internet access, connect to the puvistor network from your device.
- For further details, see Princeton help desk website.
- Conference participants will be able to enter Firestone and branch libraries by showing their conference name badge at the security desk.
- For links to local forecasts, see Princeton weather resources page.
- Hotel accommodations for SALALM 60.
Scully Hall (link to Google Maps)
- Dormitory accommodations for SALALM 60.
East Pyne Hall (link to Google Maps)
- Primary venue for the conference. Registration will be in the East Pyne Lobby.
Chancellor Green Hall
- The Libreros’ Exhibit will be held in the Chancellor Green Rotunda and “Upper Hyphen” (the corridor connecting Chancellor Green to East Pyne).
- Monday at 9:00am: McCosh 50 is the site of the Opening Session.
- Tuesday at 10:45am: McCormick 101 is the site of the keynote address. Tuesday at 3:00pm: Town Hall Meeting.
- Monday at 7:00pm: Prospect House is the site of the Host Reception.
- Tuesday at 6:00pm: Whitman College Class of 1963 Courtyard is the site of the Libreros’ Reception.
Chancellor Green Cafe
- Located on the lower level rotunda of Chancellor Green, Chancellor Green Cafe serves coffee, tea, and snacks. On Saturday and Sunday, the cafe will be open from 8:30am to 2:30pm.
- 172 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- (609) 683-1391
- Princeton’s independent bookstore.
- 122 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Labyrinth Books site
- (609) 497-1600
Mandalay Trading Co
- If you’re looking for gifts or trinkets, Mandalay Trading Company is the place to go! Stock up here on fun odds and ends.
- 26 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Mandalay Trading Co
- (609) 921-9068
- Open 24/7, the Wa, as it is affectionately called by students, is a place to grab quick snacks or food. Located by Princeton Station.
- 152 Alexander Street, Princeton, NJ 08540
- (609) 924-2845
Whole Earth Center
- “Princeton’s Homegrown Natural Foods Grocery.”
- 360 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08540
- Whole Earth Center site
- (609) 924-7429
Whole Foods Market
- 3495 U.S. 1, Princeton, NJ 08540
- (609) 799-2919
Frist Campus Center (link to Google Maps)
- Frist Campus Center has a “food gallery” with a variety of fast-food options, as well as Café Vivian, a vegan-friendly restaurant offering organic, sustainable and local food in a relaxed, environmentally conscious atmosphere.
- Frist Campus Center Dining
- One of the favorite sandwich haunts of Princeton students! An essential Princeton experience.
- 242 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Hoagie Haven site
- (609) 921-7723
Infini-T Tea Cafe & Spice Souk
- A vegan cafe and tea shop, Infini-T prides itself on importing some of the most varied and iconic kinds of tea.
- 4 Hulfish Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Infini-T Cafe site
- (609) 454-3959
- Vegan friendly.
- 20 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Mamoun’s Falalfel site
- (609) 454-5936
- A perfect spot for breakfast. Sit on Nassau Street and see the town come to life.
- 20 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Jammin’ Crepes site
- (609) 924-5387
Despaña Restaurant & Tapas Cafe
- Looking for Iberian food? Look no further! One of Princeton’s only tapas cafes with Spanish cuisine, this is a fun place to try new flavors.
- 235 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08540
- Despaña site
- (609) 921-2992
Efes Mediterranean Grill
- $$ (price range: $11-30)
- 235 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08540
- Efes Mediterranean Grill site
- (609) 683-1220
- One of the few quality authentic Chinese restaurants in Princeton. Order your own dish or try eating family style.
- 238 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- (609) 921-2388
- Vegan friendly.
- 19 Chambers Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Masala Grill site
- (609) 921-0500
Mehek Fine Indian Dining
- One of the hidden gems of Princeton; located below street level on Nassau, Mehek boasts some of the finest Indian cuisine in the town.
- 164 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Mehek site
- (609) 279-9191
- A high quality Italian restaurant on Witherspoon; lovely for a dinner with colleagues or friends. BYOB.
- 25 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Mezzaluna site
- (609) 688-8515
- If you’re looking to order in, try Naked Pizza. They have everything from standard to vegan options.
- 180 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Naked Pizza site
- (609) 924-4700
Mo C Mo C Japanese Cuisine
- Stop in for a Japanese dinner with friends. Vibrant atmosphere.
- 14 South Tulane Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Mo C Mo C site
- (609) 688-8788
- Korean cuisine. Closer to dorms.
- 244 Alexander Street, Princeton, NJ 08540
- (609) 924-9260
Agricola Community Eatery
- Stocked with organically grown ingredients, the flavors of Agricola Community Eatery are fresh and unique.
- 11 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Agricola site
- (609) 921-2798
Mediterra Restaurant and Taverna
- Upscale restaurant with a Mediterranean vibe; perfect for an evening out. The excellent food is complemented by the atmosphere. If you choose to sit outside, you’ll have a lovely set of lights overhead and a fountain nearby.
- 29 Hulfish Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Mediterra site
- (609) 252-9680
- Upscale fusion cuisine.
- 66 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Mistral site
- (609) 688-8808
Drinks, dessert, etc.
Alchemist & Barrister
- A cozy pub tucked into the streets of Princeton, A&B allows you to sit outside or in, and is well-known for its Tiger Burger. $$ (price range: $11-30)
- 28 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- A&B site
- (609) 924-5555
The Bent Spoon
- You may have to wait in line for their ice cream, but it’s worth it. Vegan friendly. $$ (price range: moderate)
- 35 Palmer Square West, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Bent Spoon site
- (609) 924-2368
Chez Alice Gourmet Cafe & Bakery
- $$ (price range: moderate)
- 5 Palmer Square West, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Chez Alice site
- (609) 921-6760
House of Cupcakes
- Winner of TV’s Cupcake Wars, stop by House of Cupcakes for a wide variety of flavors and scents to satisfy your sweet tooth. $$ (price range: moderate)
- 32 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- House of Cupcakes site
- (609) 924-0085
Small World Coffee
- Princeton’s favorite local coffee shop. Cash only. $ (price range: inexpensive)
- 14 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08540
- Small World site
- (609) 924-4377 ext. 2
Triumph Brewing Company
- Restaurant, bar, microbrewery. $$ (price range: $11-30)
- 138 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Triumph site
- (609) 924-7855
Yankee Doodle Tap Room
- Located at the Nassau Inn, the Yankee Doodle Tap Room is a convenient option for hotel guests. $$ (price range: $11-30)
Princeton University Art Museum
- Saturday and Sunday from 2:00pm to 3:00pm: The museum offers a free one-hour highlights tour of its collections.
- McCormick Hall
- Princeton Art Museum
- (609) 258-3788
Princeton University Chapel
- Sunday at 10:00am: Ecumenical worship service.
- Chapel site
McCarter Theatre Center
- McCarter hosts a multitude of events from professional touring companies to annual events to Princeton University performance groups. Saturday, June 13, at 7:00pm: A performance of Mozart’s Marriage of Figaro is scheduled (3.5 hours).
- 91 University Place, Princeton, NJ 08540
- McCarter site
- (609) 258-2787
- The first building to be constructed on Princeton University’s campus, Nassau Hall carries the history and import of the university. Located on the building’s exterior walls are class plaques to mark the departure of each graduating class.
- Princeton University’s main library. Conference participants will be allowed into Firestone and branch libraries by showing their conference name badge.
- These gardens, nestled in the heart of the university campus, are located outside Prospect House, the one-time home of President Woodrow Wilson.
Grounds for Sculpture
- If you’re feeling adventurous (and have access to a car), the Grounds for Sculpture contains unique contemporary outdoor sculptures spread out over 42 acres.
- 80 Sculptures Way, Hamilton Township, NJ 08619
- Grounds for Sculpture site
- (609) 586-0616
- The final resting place for a President and a Vice President of the United States, most of the Presidents of the College of New Jersey/Princeton University and the Princeton Theological Seminary. Scattered throughout the cemetery are the graves of soldiers beginning with the Revolutionary War, professors, politicians, musicians, scientists, business executives, writers, a Nobel Laureate, a winner of Pulitzer Prizes as well as those who have called the Princeton area home.
- 29 Greenview Avenue, Princeton, NJ 08540
- Princeton Cemetery site
- (609) 924-1369
Princeton Garden Theatre
- Nonprofit, arthouse cinema.
- 160 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Garden Theatre site
- (609) 279-1999
Princeton Public Library
- According to Wikipedia, the most visited municipal public library in New Jersey, with over 860,000 annual visitors. Just around the corner from the Nassau Inn.
- 65 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Princeton Public Library site
- (609) 924-9529