- Conference Theme
- Hotel & Local Info
- Reports | Minutes | Presentations
- Past Conferences
The Policy, Research & Investigation Committee (PRI) held its annual meeting on Saturday, May 28, 2011, 2:00-3:00 pm. Its chair, Cecilia Sercán (Cornell University) was unable to attend. She asked John B. Wright (Brigham Young University) to act as chair at the meeting. Attending the meeting were PRI members Mark Grover, Ellen Jaramillo, Gayle Williams and John B. Wright. Wright reported that at the previous Constitution & Bylaws Committee meeting, he and Rafael Tárrago began work on reconciling the Constitution and Bylaws into a single document. This process will undoubtedly have some ramifications to the organization that will be sent forward to PRI for consideration. Gayle Williams reported hearing that there will be some comments made at the Executive Board meeting by a Member-at-Large regarding the length of the conference. Some members believe the annual conference is too long. The group discussed a deadline for receiving resolutions from the membership. It was agreed that the deadline will be Tuesday, May 31, 2011, at 12:30 p.m. The meeting was adjourned. The group met again on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 and drafted the following resolutions to be submitted to the general membership for a vote at the Closing Business meeting.
RESOLUTIONS OF SALALM LVI
At the 56th Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials, meeting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May 28-June 1, 2008, be it resolved:
1. That SALALM thank Temple University Libraries; and the University of Pennsylvania Libraries; and Latin American and Latino Studies, University of Pennsylvania; and Department of Romance Languages, University of Pennsylvania; and The Greater Philadelphia Latin American Studies Consortium (GPLASC) for sponsoring this year’s meeting.
2. That SALALM gratefully acknowledge Dr. Paul C. Smith for his sponsorship of this year’s meeting.
3. That SALALM extend its thanks to Joseph Holub and David Murray as Co-Chairs of the Local Arrangements for their dedicated and capable organization of SALALM LVI.
4. That SALALM thank the following individuals for their efforts in assisting with Local Arrangements activities: Carmen Febo-San Miguel (Taller Puertorriqueño), Jlia Zagar (Eyes Gallery), Pamela Harris (Swarthmore College Library), Aleta Arthurs, Charles Cobine, Jeanne Lanza Curcio, Ancil George, Nancy Gulsoy, William Keller, Carlos Rodriguez, Michael Rosse, Lori Rowland, Catherine Rutan, Bryan Wilkinson, Thomas Wilson, Kristin Winch (Univeristy of Pennsylvania Libraries), Ann Farnsworth-Alvear, Ana María Gómez López (Latin American and Latino Studies, University of Pennsylvania), Nam Narain (School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania), Matilde Duenas (Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania), Ronald Webb (Latin American Studies, Temple University).
5. That SALALM thank the SALALM Libreros for sponsorship of its wonderful Liberero’s Reception at the Chapel of the Four Chaplains.
6. That SALALM express its gratitude to the following individuals and groups for their support to this year’s conference: Books from Mexico, Gale-Cengage, Puvill Libros, Retta Libros, Susan Bach Books from Brazil, Casalini Libri, Vientos Tropicales, Libros de Barlovento, Digitalia, Iberoamericana-Editorial Vervuert, Libros Sur and The Latin American Bookstore.
Gayle Williams reported for PRI at Executive Board Meeting #2, held Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
TagsAdán Griego Alison Hicks Anne Barnhart archives art audiovisual cataloging Committee Report David Block digitization documentaries Ellen Jaramillo Executive Board Meeting Minutes Fernando Acosta-Rodríguez Fernando Genovart Finance Committee Report Human Rights Interlibrary Cooperation Committee Report John Wright keynote Lisa Gardinier Lluis Claret Lynn Shirey Marisol Ramos Meiyolet Mendez Melissa Gasparotto Melissa Guy Mexico Paloma Celis Carbajal Paula Covington Peter Johnson rapporteur reports Richard Phillips Roberto C. Delgadillo SALALM56 SALALM57 SALALM 58 SALALM58 SALALM59 SALALM60 SALALM61 Sarah Buck Kachaluba Sarah Yoder Leroy Suzanne M. Schadl Teresa Chapa